State Fire Marshal Urges Safety After Winter House Fires

UTC
US NEWS FEEDS > NEW HAMPSHIRE >

Firefighters and emergency management directors around New Hampshire are urging Granite Staters to take home-heating precautions while dealing with frozen pipes and possible snow drifts around houses. Recent house fires underscored the danger, including the New Year's Day death of Sandra Devito, 68, in Seabrook. Though the State Fire Marshal could not definitively conclude it was the cause of the fire, investigators confirmed the residence was experiencing frozen pipes during the cold weather and attempts were made to thaw them out. Space heaters figure in two of every five fires, according to the National Fire Protection Association. The association, in partnership with the U.S. Fire Administration and FEMA, has an awareness campaign, " Put a Freeze...

READ MORE >
State Fire Marshal Urges Safety After Winter House Fires

Sponsored Content